Please use the following pages to explore the publications of the Durham Victoria County History, which includes:
- Gillian Cookson (ed.), The Victoria County History of Durham, volume 4: Darlington (2005)
- Gillian Cookson (ed.), The Victoria County History of Durham, volume 5: Sunderland (2015).
- Gillian Cookson, with contributions by Christine M. Newman and Graham R. Potts, The Townscape of Darlington (2003).
- Maureen M. Meikle and Christine M. Newman, Sunderland and its Origins: Monks to Mariners (2008).
- Gillian Cookson, Sunderland: Building a City (2010).
- Joan Briggs, Rita McGhee, John Smith, Jennifer Tindell, Ann Tumman, Xenia Webster (eds.), Sunderland Wills and Inventories, 1601-1650 (Surtees Society, 2010).